shock mounts

series3_mad

i havent got any pics but rear shock mounts on chassis r standard on mine, bottom mounts r both moved upwards though, remade bottom spring plates, front chassis mounts have just been rewelded onto 12mm thick plate and welded onto chassis, just about to change mine again to fit rear procomps onto front set up now :rolleyes:

DSC_3651.jpg

I think the front mount is visible in the shot - the red piece in the wheel arch. That is a Gon2Far front shock mount, lowered at the top as I moved the bottom down with the portal axles. That's pretty good movement at the front end of a Series - keep in mind those are 36" tyres. I was also previously running the Gon2Far rear mount (basically and extra cross member to which longer shocks attach). I recommend them, although on the rear mount, I would weld it in as I found the bolts came loose a few times. Along with longer shackles (just military shackles will do you fine) you will get better articulation. If you want more, Nigel's leaf spring set up is pretty damn good in my view - but not cheap.

i did thing about getting the gon2far kit but its to expensive.

That's why a more viable option might be the longer military shackles and just the shock mounts, longer travel shocks and brake lines from Gon2far. If you are a good fabber and welder, you can make the shock mounts yourself perhaps but my guess is that having had someone else work it all out for you is worth the money....

Tonk

Clever shot of the rear winching your truck up on one side :lol:

AND down on the front :D

Clever bugger :lol:

Nige

PS Crossmember looks the part :)

thats how it sits on flat ground, think i might have got the suspension wrong :lol: