Td5 throttle response

Hey, took my Td5 off road for the 1st time last weekend... but when in low box the throttle response was worse than rubbish. put your foot down up a hill and by the time it realised you were stopped and stalled.

also, in low box, 2nd gear, it would not accelerate up hills. I dont want a tune as its expensive and unnecessary, but what else can i do? ordered an EGR removal kit, but its the throttle response i hate the most.

Cheers,

Pete

The throttle response it deliberately altered through the ECU when low-box is selected.

You need to press the pedal twice as far for a given rise in revs.

It's supposed to make it easier and smoother to control the power at low speed, it is possible to by-pass the switch though.

Hey, took my Td5 off road for the 1st time last weekend... but when in low box the throttle response was worse than rubbish. put your foot down up a hill and by the time it realised you were stopped and stalled.

also, in low box, 2nd gear, it would not accelerate up hills. I dont want a tune as its expensive and unnecessary, but what else can i do? ordered an EGR removal kit, but its the throttle response i hate the most.

Cheers,

Pete

Pete, find the two connectors on the T-Box as I mentioned tuther day. By connecting / disconnecting them, the resistance will change... 'hall sensor' and ECU will alter throttle response one way or the other, can't remember which way. Try disconnecting them from tbox first, check throttle response, then connect the two wires together and see if that makes a difference. I can't remember which way it works, but have a fiddle.

Have you found out if your MAF has gone btw?

I dont want a tune as its expensive and unnecessary..

A Remap maybe unnecessary for a standard vehicle but if you fit bigger tyres, increase weight with cage / winches / mods you can't expect the same performance. Though before tuning, making sure everything works as it should (MAF)and 'tune' the engine by letting it 'breath': EGR, decat, straight through centre...etc is a good and cheaper start.

An easy way to check the MAF is to unplug it. It is located after the airbox on the TD5.

If the MAF is FUBAR, then you will get power. The power delivery will be noticable different if there is a problem with the MAF.

If it makes little difference, you are looking for something else.