Fuel Line Return? YES or NO

Hi all I'm just about starting a complete rebuild and need to know -

1) Running a 3.5 V8 with Carbs. Do I need to run a fuel return line back to the fuel tank?

2) What size fuel line/pipe should I use? some have mentioned 10mm other's say 8mm?

3) I have an MT plastic diesel fuel tank, RRC Chassis - Can I use this tank to put petrol in and use?

4)If using existing tank - Is there any difference in the pump/fuel level sender between Diesel and Petrol?

Helpful info. gladly received

Cheers.

Rich

Hi all I'm just about starting a complete rebuild and need to know -

1) Running a 3.5 V8 with Carbs. Do I need to run a fuel return line back to the fuel tank?

2) What size fuel line/pipe should I use? some have mentioned 10mm other's say 8mm?

3) I have an MT plastic diesel fuel tank, RRC Chassis - Can I use this tank to put petrol in and use?

4)If using existing tank - Is there any difference in the pump/fuel level sender between Diesel and Petrol?

Helpful info. gladly received

Cheers.

Rich

1. yes

2. min of 6mm for carb i'd say

3. yes just make sure you give it a clean / flush out with petrol first. and make sure your first tank is a full tank.

4. totally guessing here, pump for the diesel (unsure on engine) might be high presure and as your unning carbs you need a low pressure pump. tick tick tick type pump not the wizzy one...

hope i have helped

Hello Rich.

1. Yes you will need the fuel line to return as the inflow goes through one carb and exit out the second carb. So if your facing the carbs the right receives the inline and the left out return pipe.

2. The size I think is the same anyway on the inline and return.

3. Unless the tank has all the fitting the same the petrol version with the internal electrical pump. Possible but the problem will be from the pump will be different in force for diesel and petrol. Also the tank will need flushing or broken down in the residue contents.

Hope this helps, hopefully a grownup will give better advice. :D:blink: