More Part Number requests

Gromit

Can someone confirm, is there an O-ring on the crank shaft behind the timing belt sprocket? If, so what's it's part number?

I'd thought someone on here said there was. I will be pulling the sprocket to replace the oil seal behind it. I can't find any mention of the o-ring in the EPC, but from memory there was mention of it in the workshop manual.

Sorry; brains 180 degrees out, and it doesn't run in this configuration ;)

Can someone confirm, is there an O-ring on the crank shaft behind the timing belt sprocket? If, so what's it's part number?

I'd thought someone on here said there was. I will be pulling the sprocket to replace the oil seal behind it. I can't find any mention of the o-ring in the EPC, but from memory there was mention of it in the workshop manual.

Sorry; brains 180 degrees out, and it doesn't run in this configuration ;)

For a 200Tdi ---- there is NO 'O' ring Seal on front of crankshaft, just the oil seal ETC5065 in the timing case recess behind the belt pulley [sprocket as you called it] & a dust seal in the front cover ETC4154

Look at the front cover page20 of 39 in EPC :i-m_so_happy:

Edited by western

On a 300 Tdi, there is a seal in the timing case front cover where the nose of the crank pokes through. If the crankshaft sprocket is removed (which it doesn't need to be to change the belt), there is a large o ring on the back of the sprocket which seals it against the oil pump (which is driven direct from the crank).

pulley [sprocket as you called it]

Thanks all for your input.

Yes Ralph, if it's toothed and goes round and round, regardless of what goes around it, I call it a sprocket. :P

Must try and learn.

Poo..

Pooooo...

Poooooooooll...

PooooooooolleeeeeeeSprocket.

:D:ph34r: