Would you use this site?

winton

I like to have a load of projects on the go at once and one of my latest ones is a greenlane organizer. I've not nailed the details, but I want something a bit more sophisticated than having to post on a forum and asking people to come with you. I thought about making a location searchable database of drivers and allowing users to contact each other to set trips up? Pointless or useful? I know always need someone to go with as I don't know anyone else with a proper 4x4.

I think your sig gives you a clue - a twitter or facebook style app may be more appropriate / easier / more popular than having to log onto another website.

Interesting, totally agree too, I hate signing up for extra stuff. Will look into using probably Facebook logins.

I think there is certainly grounds for a facebook based style app where people can get into groups. I use facebook for all my Greenlane organising within both club and privately and for those that are on it it certainly makes things much better with diseminating information to people and communicating within the group.

Personnally the one thing that maybe will hamper it is peoples differing ideas about laning and their expectations from that in both the style of lanes chosen, the amount of lanes in a day, accomodation on a trip of more than 1 day etc so there may be a need for that to be explored/noted in the system.

All the best

Ryck