Cheap tool chest and cabinet

Part1cle

Just bought a tool chest and cabinet from B&Q for £75.00 - not Snap-On quality, but not bad for the money.

Has bb draw runners, seems reasonably well made and if you are limited for space it's not too big.

Downside is its matt black finish.

Made by Torq.

If you want something thats cheap and cheerful, and much better quality than the base range Halfords offering, it might be worth a look.

They have lots of offers on 18V battery drills too.

Just bought a tool chest and cabinet from B&Q for £75.00 - not Snap-On quality, but not bad for the money.

Has bb draw runners, seems reasonably well made and if you are limited for space it's not too big.

Downside is its matt black finish.

Made by Torq.

If you want something thats cheap and cheerful, and much better quality than the base range Halfords offering, it might be worth a look.

They have lots of offers on 18V battery drills too.

Halfords had 1/3 off all their tools cabinet recently, all with bb runners.

Halfords had 1/3 off all their tools cabinet recently, all with bb runners.

Still a fair bit more than 75squid though - I checked the local halfords as it's next door :lol: (but didn't think so check the trade card price).

The Halfords with BB runners is quite a lot bigger though, and while I have a good sized garage I don't need to keep loads of hand tools I don't use regularly readily availabe.

I spotted the B&Q offer, thought the top chest was a good price at £25 also :blink:

I still might get one to fix in the Landy. Quality looked pretty good as you say.

MS, is it the tool chest from the set that's £75? If it is, it looks good value.

I can't find just the chest on the B&Q website however.

Cheers Zardos, I found the set on the website, I was wondering if the top chest was available on it's own.

Will try and pop into B&Q tomorrow.

Well, popped into B&Q today and it appears that you can only buy the 'set' rather than just the chest on it's own. :(

Modchop,

I bought a halfords top chest only a while ago which was great, at last somewhere to store my thules locked up safe from tea-leaf housemates! But, it got F-heavy and I struggled to move the thing - eventually I gave up and bought the bottom unit too...wish I'd done that from the start.

If you can afford the space I suggest get the combo, your back will thank you :D

Modchop,

I bought a halfords top chest only a while ago which was great, at last somewhere to store my thules locked up safe from tea-leaf housemates! But, it got F-heavy and I struggled to move the thing - eventually I gave up and bought the bottom unit too...wish I'd done that from the start.

If you can afford the space I suggest get the combo, your back will thank you :D

Hi Udderly

I already have a nice tool cabinet/top chest set up, but was thinking of getting this to use as an 'everyday' portable unit, after all, you can never have enough tool boxes can you? ;)

:D:D