Gutless TD5

Hi all,

Hope you can help 2001 TD5 88,000 miles 110, won't pass 60 mph totally gutless and no get up and go.

Here's what was done: head gasket, timing 100%, free up the wastgate, new fuel pump, new afm, new fuel regulator, all intake hoses removed and checked, full service after head gasket done, pluged into hawkeye no faults codes and on a run with hawkeye pluged in all ok and everything working as should be. Fuel pressure checked and its 4 bar at the engine.

The only thing that was found was the revs would climb to around 2500rpm and go no futher with my foot flat on the floor and in any gear, but when not driving it would rev way above that.

Unless i've missed something it looks like an electrical/ecu problem ???

Any ideas whats wrong with it ?

Air Flow Meter

Said he changed that, and I'm guessing he'd notice low readings on hawkeye. Injector loom oil ingress? Rear engine cover renowned for it's oil catching ability and playing with the engine loom. Worth a check, though this would throw out codes i'd have thought.

Sharpie

I had a similar situation, on a 2003 with 100k miles. Turns out the exaust was blocked as the cat was blocked. Test this by dropping the exaust pipe from below the turbo and see if it goes better. if so, then your looking for a new exaust, or at least the blocked section.