Another job done :-)

SteveG

and very easy it was too for a change..

Replaced standard exhaust centre on TD5 with very bling stainless steel one bought off ebay for 24 quid +P&P..

Exhaust006Medium.jpg

Very easy to remove and fit, thanks to cordless impact driver that has paid for itself many times over. I even already had all of the correct bolts and nuts, which makes a change ;);) Used existing rear gasket and front has a built in rolled section that makes the seal.

No more hitting the centre section on ramp overs.

Exhaust007Medium.jpg

Took about 30mins including finding nuts and bolts :)

Steve

not to be picky but it the photo showing it fully fitted, eg nuts done up tight, it just looks a little gappy at the front edge, although if its not blowing will be fine.

when i did this on mine i didn't have any replacement bolts of the right diameter and sheared off the old ones taking them off! i did have some bolts but larger (M12) so used them in the end which necessitated drilling out the holes to larger dia on the exisitng flanges.

so for me it was 1hr 30mins, brusied knuckles and a knackered drill which jammed whilst drilling the old holes out and burnt itself out (Bosch 1000W job as well!)

certainly worth the effort though, mine was a fair bit louder initially, now its sooted up a bit its quietened down and mpg has gone up over last 10k miles by 2mpg since fitting. last two fills have been 33mpg (chipped and overdrive as well) on none chipped wagons doing the exhaust doesnt seem to change mpg just makes it louder, which is not ideal.

so you now have the clearence to fit an underdrive?

Is there any noticeable difference to the engine noise or exhaust note throughout the rev range?

Les. :)

Louder, but nowhere near as loud as I thought. I still have the small rear box on and it seems to be fine so far. Not driven on motorway yet so I'll see if it drones. I was prepared to put the standard section back on if it was too loud, but so far ok.

not to be picky but it the photo showing it fully fitted, eg nuts done up tight, it just looks a little gappy at the front edge, although if its not blowing will be fine.

Yes all done up well. :) The front exhaust section has a roll end, rolling inwards. The collar that has bolt holes is loose and tightens up against back edge of roll. The rolled end is pulled into opening of new section providing the seal. Hence the gap on the front - it's the width of the rolled edge.

When I took off the LR centre section, the bolts were not tightened up evenly on both sides. I made sure when I fitted the new section that they were.

Steve :)