discovery td5 battery clamp nuts and bolts

oggie27_3

Sorry western I should have been more specific. I an after the terminal nut and captive bolt. Not the actual battery securing clamp.

ah, that helps, microcat only shows the battery cables as a assembly, it doesn't list the bolt/nut as seperate parts.

any suitable sized bolt/nut will do as a replacement.

Sorry western I should have been more specific. I an after the terminal nut and captive bolt. Not the actual battery securing clamp.

As Ralph has said, in the post above, they're not available separately, you have to buy complete new positive and negative battery leads, at great expense :o

IMO, the type of battery clamps Land Rover use are cr@p :angry:

post-148-000998000 1291145137_thumb.jpg

A heavy-handed gorilla of a previous owner had over-tightened the ones on mine and they were no longer able to clamp the battery posts tight enough.

I cut the connectors off of the ends of the battery cables and crimped on tube terminals with a 10mm hole, I can't remember if I used 25mm2 or 35mm2 terminals (there's about a foot of snow on my car at the moment, so I'm not going outside to have a look ;) ) -

ctt25.jpg

and used these on the battery posts -

Positive & Negative battery connector with 10mm stud -

BT463P-150.jpg . BT463N-150.jpg