Suzuki Jimny

stuck

Sorry this is O.T.

Wife has a little Jimny. t'other day when the lane was full of snow / ice she refused to drive it down saying it was cr@p in the snow (she would be the first to admit that she's not the most confident driver in the world), having never driven the thing before I went and brought it down without a problem.

Trying to get it back up the following day was another matter, 4x4 light was lit on the dash but it was having none of it, just sat there spinning the back tyres (INSA Trakkers I think), couldn't tell if the fronts were slipping as well.

Tried for 5 minutes to get it out then dragged it up with the 110. :blink:

Anybody know if these are usualy cr@p in snow or is there something wrong?!

I had read that the little Jimny wasn't bad off-road but never put it to the test.

Cheers,

Mick.

Haven't used the Jimny in anger yet, but I have high hopes...

The other thing is that the 4wd High can be engaged at any time but low can only be done when in neutral IIRC, it will just sit there and flash at you but not go in. This might have been the issue??

FWIW, for snow driving on the UK roads in the last few weeks the jimny has the no centre diff issue which makes trying to use the 4wd a bit of a worry if you ask me. If you already have issues going around corners due to the snow and ice a locked diff isn't going to help.

Our jimny will get some attention in the coming months, if nothing else I need to have a look at wheel spacers and the anti-roll bars, it span a wheel coming off a kerb in 2wd which makes me thing the anti-rolls are bit too anti.

I have always found Suzukis to be good in snow - Dad had an old SJ410 in the 80's and I have also driven a company Jimny before some visiting Argies put it on its roof, and that was pretty good as well, just on std road tyres. Being light, they don't have the momentum to carry you away so if you start sliding you can recover much easier.

Just don't wrap a Jimny round a tree as the parts prices will make you think LR genuine parts are a steal :o