Moving ECU

I understand that the ECU is under the driver's seat in later vehicles so I'm moving mine from a new battery box where it was more likely to get wet.

Can't see the point in having holes facing forward in the battery box for the loom to go in so blocking that but leaving all the high holes. ;)

I hope to get some Mud rails but even then it doesn't appear to be enough room under the seat for ECU. :mellow:

I'm not clever enough to fabricate a tray with a recess for the unit to sit in but that might just do it.

Has anyone else done this move? :huh:

Nice ideas - Like the Bulkhead fitment - very tidy - though I've no bulkhead any more (oops!) and no cubby yet or probably big enough due to auto shifter in the way - but cubby box might be best when I know what space there is in it or in the bottom of it? :unsure:

Paul - I have an access panel, the one that fits under the centre seat / cubby box, that has the holes cut ready to re-route the ECU etc into a cubby box ?

If you're worried about space - I've seen one done with a small wooden frame under the box to lift it up a bit and create a cavity.

Paul - I have an access panel, the one that fits under the centre seat / cubby box, that has the holes cut ready to re-route the ECU etc into a cubby box ?

If you're worried about space - I've seen one done with a small wooden frame under the box to lift it up a bit and create a cavity.

I think the auto shift cable might make it too tight for width but sounds a neat solution given as there is, now measured, absolutely no space under the seat in mine.

Must be able to do something around there. The ECU is a huge box with 53mm deep. As I may change the engine are these boxes always this big say for a hot wire 3.9 - mine's a flapper 3..5? If the later ones are smaller then cubby box area it will be........