Disco 3 door pics?

Dan88

I'm thinking of getting rid of my truck cab 90 to get a 3 door disco, seen some nice ones about. I need something a little more family friendly, would this be a good choice?

It depends on the 'spec' of your family. Discos are the perfect family wagon, plenty of seats, big load area and compared to a Defender they're comformtable and quiet. However getting young kids into the rear of a 3 door is a pain, especailly once lifted. Also if you're planning on play days then getting everyone in and out of a 3 door regularily is a real pain.

For a family wagon I'd stick to a 5 door Disco, they're the perfect.

I second the above. Having owned both 3 door and 5 door 5 seat discos, the 5 door is just much more passenger friendly. The seats in the 3 door really don't

leave a lot of room to get in folded forward. Also for those times you need to move something big with the rear seats folded flat, the 3 door is a pain in the a@@e

to load. Those rear doors on the 5 door make it so much easier.

It's really still only gonna be a toy, but I need it so I can get the odd passenger in and the dog. A 5 door maybe a little big for what I want.

If that is the case (i.e. no young kids in car seats and used for play) then the 3 door does make sense. As Mark said the 3 and 5 door are identical in size, but as a play tool the 3 door is lighter, easier to trim for big tyres and has less to go wrong (2 less locks, 2 less electric windows).

I used my 3 door regularily with 3 or 4 up off road and apart from the PITA of getting everybody out when you stop it was great.

attachment=34675:TR 01.jpg]

post-5209-0-48052700-1295942456_thumb.jpg