Winch Question

stuck

slightly off topic but, valves for hydraulic winches?

I want to use two cetop valves for winches and have been told by a supplier that I cant use two P to T cetops (open center) with a hydraulic motor with a over center valve fitted?

they are saying I need a a/b to T so the fluid can return quickly....but then I need a un-loader valve (third cetop) and with this I dont think I will be able to use front and rear winches at the same time?

• 1 month later...

But just for the record, RED winches are now fitted to the Jackals and in use on the 6 wheel Coyote too (12tonnes GVW).

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

Nice photograph, I've seen it used on a lot of the Red Winch marketing stuff. I also remember the day it was taken, although I'm ashamed to say that the name of the very nice bloke from Supacat escapes me at the moment :(

So what position do you hold in the MOD/Red Winch organisation?

Ross

P.S. on an admin point, could I also urge you to take a minute to fill out the rest of your profile, it just helps everyone know who they're talking to and where in world you are :)