Flexy Pictures For Tonk

Mark

Tonk, and anyone else who is interested, I have taken some pictures of the Lightweight flexing for you:

First some on a hill:

flex1.jpg

flex2.jpg

flex3.jpg

flex4.jpg

flex5.jpg

flex6.jpg

And a few on some ramps...

ramp1.jpg

ramp2.jpg

ramp3.jpg

ramp4.jpg

I hope they are of some use to you!

Cheers

Mark

From memory, no the bumpstops wern't in contact, but I kinda ran out of ramps...

The fronts were approaching the limit of the brake pipes however!

For info the setup is Rocky Mountain Springs, and Procomp shocks...

Cheers

Mark

I think Std Range Rover ones are longer and will fit, but I am waiting till I have decided what to do with brakes before I fit the extended pipes..

I also have extended shackles for the rear to fit...

Cheers

Mark

While on the spring subject, here is mine up the ramp. I run standard fronts, re arched, with 7 leafs and 4 leaf paras at the rear, i will be going to 3 leaf rears as it is too stiff at the moment. Future improvements are longer shocks (running 90 rears now) and a set of home made revolvers.

The front works very well, using all the travel available.

ramp1.jpg

Testing the revolver out, works well but i need looooong shocks for them to be effective.

open0001.jpg

I will never run front paras again as i broke one set with only road use and the ride hieght was awful, i barely had 1.5" betwen the bumstop and axle while the rears where too high, making the landy look as if it was going to the drag strip.

brokenpara1.jpg

Grem

Early ti console, grey in colour, it seems this was common on early sets!!! Not fun driving on the bumpstop!!! I have also seen green ones broken (british springs i belive). I went back to standard springs with less leafs, easier to tune, spares are cheap and plentyful and at least there are another 6 leaves (in my setup, 10 if with 11 leafs) to break before ending on the bumpstops.

Grem