CD Cassette stuck.......

Mark V8

The CD cassette in my Disco 2 is stuck. When I press the eject button the sound of the mechanism is there but the cassette does not move.

A week ago I started to get CD error messages which I overcame by ejecting and re-inserting the cassette which worked ok, then one day last week when I changed from FM to CD the display read 'No Magazine'......????

As advised on another forum I tried inserting a credit card to trip the microswitch, but sadly nothing......

I'd just ordered and inserted six new CD's from Amazon as well.......help me !!!!!!!!

All sorted now.

As I looked at the cassette in situ, there appeared to be a tray engaged at the top (No 6 I think) so I carefully encouraged it back into the cassette with the tip of a butter knife (best tool for the job IMHO lol) whilst operating the eject button and pushing the whole cassette to the right while doing so.

Out it popped.

Someone on another forum reckons that this is caused by hitting a bump whilst the CD is changing (a rare event) - although the roads round here....... :rolleyes:

All sorted now.

As I looked at the cassette in situ, there appeared to be a tray engaged at the top (No 6 I think) so I carefully encouraged it back into the cassette with the tip of a butter knife (best tool for the job IMHO lol) whilst operating the eject button and pushing the whole cassette to the right while doing so.

Out it popped.

Someone on another forum reckons that this is caused by hitting a bump whilst the CD is changing (a rare event) - although the roads round here....... :rolleyes:

There is one going from a 300tdi on e-bay at the moment, you should buy it as a back up whilst it's cheap in case it happens again and you cannot fix it ;-)

There is one going from a 300tdi on e-bay at the moment, you should buy it as a back up whilst it's cheap in case it happens again and you cannot fix it ;-)

Not a bad Idea that......as mines a '99 Disco 2 are they compatible ?