Swivel Seals 1 size - 2 thicknesses ??

subseauk

As far as we can tell Ralph the 90 has had a RR 1978-1985 rear axle with a 10 sline diff fitted for discs and the front axle looks quite old as it has much thicker hub driving members than found on newer type axles. IMHO this must have been a much stronger unit than current thinner ones! Maybe LR were trying to shave material costs at some stage??

I had already purchased the FTC3401 ( 9mm) from the local dealer as these were the only type he knew about!!

Fingers crossed i don't open her up and find different!!! :blink:

Best Rgds

Kev

As far as we can tell Ralph the 90 has had a RR 1978-1985 rear axle with a 10 sline diff fitted for discs and the front axle looks quite old as it has much thicker hub driving members than found on newer type axles. IMHO this must have been a much stronger unit than current thinner ones! Maybe LR were trying to shave material costs at some stage??

I had already purchased the FTC3401 ( 9mm) from the local dealer as these were the only type he knew about!!

Fingers crossed i don't open her up and find different!!! :blink:

Best Rgds

Kev

90/110 used thicker drive flanges [driving members] on pre Tdi vehicle.so front axle is most likely a original to that 90, my 110 is a '89 & I've got FTC3401 swivel seals fitted. it's the only number now. other in the link has been superseded.

90/110 used thicker drive flanges [driving members] on pre Tdi vehicle.so front axle is most likely a original to that 90, my 110 is a '89 & I've got FTC3401 swivel seals fitted. it's the only number now. other in the link has been superseded.

Guys

This is the only place i've found that lists a 12.5mm swivel housing seal but it is for early discovery .....could this be what you're thinking of Nige?

http://www.landroverspares.co.uk/product.html?id=4340

Other than this i can't find anything else!!! :(

Rgds

Kev

Damn!!! :o

at £26 each plus £7 postage those LR original are an expensive gamble to buy 2 of if they are wrong size Nige!!! :unsure:

I know we should use genuine LR seals but i am tempted to go with the cheaper ones this time around and replace with genuine LR seals next time if need be in case it is the thinner ones we need and these have already been ordered from LR dealer.

What are your thoughts? I can order these tomorrow.

Rgds

Kev