200tdi conersion

evening all,

is it possible to use my power steering pump from my 19j engine and replace it on the 200tdi im putting in. I ask because my steering box is a 6 bolt and this engine has come without any power steering pipe work. If i can just swap the pump over, im thinking that i could use my existing pipe work knowing that the pipe unions are the same. I dont mind extending any pipes but i dont really want the delay in getting some others

many thanks in advance

Hi,

I don't think you can just swap the pumps over, as if i remember correctly from my conversion, you'd need to make a new bracket as the belt run on a 200tdi is different to that of a TD.

That said if you can fabricate the required bracket then you should be ok to use the old pump.

Chris

evening all,

is it possible to use my power steering pump from my 19j engine and replace it on the 200tdi im putting in. I ask because my steering box is a 6 bolt and this engine has come without any power steering pipe work. If i can just swap the pump over, im thinking that i could use my existing pipe work knowing that the pipe unions are the same. I dont mind extending any pipes but i dont really want the delay in getting some others

many thanks in advance

Shameless plug but I'm selling a pump, pipes and box from a200tdi on flea bay....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110658831976&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110658944514&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156