Au-Revour for now

After nearly twenty years of Landy ownership, Im hanging up my keys for a while, and wanted to say thanks to all on the forum for the help and assistance given.

My Defender is on fleabay at the moment, along with all my Defender related kit.

Im still keeping my off road gear and chains etc, as I may be back in the future with a Disco3, but in the meantime am getting the urge for a nice red MGB GT !

So thanks to all for putting up with me over the years and who knows, when I get the D3, ill be back !

Nic

After nearly twenty years of Landy ownership, Im hanging up my keys for a while, and wanted to say thanks to all on the forum for the help and assistance given.

My Defender is on fleabay at the moment, along with all my Defender related kit.

Im still keeping my off road gear and chains etc, as I may be back in the future with a Disco3, but in the meantime am getting the urge for a nice red MGB GT !

So thanks to all for putting up with me over the years and who knows, when I get the D3, ill be back !

Nic

Hi Nic,

Would there be any discount on combined shipping? Interested in the bike rack and the gearbox cradle, but don't go to Kent too often!

Cheers

Ben

Ben,

I could relay them for you. I am heading to canterbury on weekend 26-27 (down saturday night and back sunday daytime) and will be aiming to be back in the reading area on sunday evening if that helps any?

If so drop me a pm with details

HTH

So the total kn*bber from Greece who 'purchased' the 110 seems to have gone quiet.

He has not returned any calls or emails and seems to have forgotten that he agreed to purchase!

Whats more the seller of my MGB has decided he cannot wait any more so Ive lost that as well.

Moral of this tale, dont get involved with ebay buyers for high value items if they have low feedback !

dry.gif Hi Nic

I have a question. I can see you have modified the seats with Exmoor trim's Extension seat and kit. Did you win any leg space by this upgrade? A reply will be highly appreciated... Neat truck anyway!!! I wish I won the lottery,,,,,

dry.gif Hi Nic

I have a question. I can see you have modified the seats with Exmoor trim's Extension seat and kit. Did you win any leg space by this upgrade? A reply will be highly appreciated... Neat truck anyway!!! I wish I won the lottery,,,,,

Hmm not sure how you can see this, as Messrs Exmoore & Trim's kit does not feature on my truck.

Rear seats are lifted from a Renault Scenic, and bolted on to a standard LR rear seat frame, I just put them back a little to give more room to kids as Im a long legged bloke.

Front seats are Ford KA and used a huge 6mm plate to pick up holes from seat box and then attached the KA seats where I wanted. No need for existing seat box battery box lid any more.

I have to say that if I won Lottery, Landy would be permanent part of the fleet and would not be sold for a puma !

MGB….one could be rude and say something about going from one BL rust-bucket to another… :D But I won’t as a mate is thinking along the same lines so I’ll doubtless end up spannering on one soon.

Thought I’d mention that in a previous thread on seats, you’re pics inspired me to fit some decent Renault-shaped thrones when I get my utility up together, so thanks for that!

On a that note, had a read of your Ebay listing – were the Ka seats because Scenic front seats are not suitable or was it more of a case of what was available? Sorry to bug you with questions before you hang up your landie hat, as it were, but I figured I’d best ask now before it’s too late!

Matt

Its never too late, and if an MGB or Volvo pulls up behind you if your stopped at the side of the road in Kentm it might be me!

The decision to put Renault seats in rear was to give each person better comfort and dare I say it more safety (kids certainly said they are more comfy).

The front seat decision could have been to get a matching set (they do come up) and ditch the centre seat. The eventual choice came down to comfort and the rear seats were just that bit narrow for my b*m to stay in for long journeys. One huge problem for me (being almost 2m tall) is that any front replacement seat needs to be as low as possible. The KA seats fitted the bill (did have a pair of leather Alfa Romeo Spyder seats in another 90 for same reason).

The KA seats were easy to install, and I would certainly use the 6mm plate again for similar vehicles (er not on the MGB) as it was easy, cheap and left the vehicle intact with original mounting holes. I mates all got sick of me looking at their cars with a tape measure, and luckily I have a job where I can stop and peer into many cars to check their seat suitability. The KA seats were cheap (only cost me £25 for the pair) and went in without too much hassle (did weld an L bracket to allow bolts to come up and not bother about them being a but on the long side without interfering with the seat operation. The other issue is the seat width and again the KA just fitted in (did look at new MINI's as well).

Let me know if you need any more help, or PM me which will alert my email.

Nic

Thanks for the info Nic - was at the scrapper yesterday weighing in some iron and just happened to wonder past a 51-plate scenic...yep you guessed it! Half leather complete set of sets for £50! Well chuffed. Needless to say the irony of coming back from the scrap yard with almost as much as I went with was not lost on my assistant...but I digest.

The front seats are quite low slung and the rails they run on are flat so should be a doodle to fit. Fortunately am not quite in the strapping 6footer category.

Best of luck with the MG!