Hotwire plenum on Flapper fanimold?

Quagmire

Right,

Moving from Megajolt to full Megasquirt has been on my mind more and more recently now that we have been getting decent amounts of daylight.

So I have complete 3.5 Flapper setup sitting in Dad's garage, manifold, fuel rail + injectors, oily plenum, pipework, bits of loom- everything. I have cleaned the injectors, replaced pintle caps and filter baskets etc so these should (hopefully) be spot on now.

However, I also have a rather blinging later plenum from a 4.6 that is corrosion free and nice and shiny inside and out. :ph34r:

Question is therefore, can I use the flapper manifold + injectors etc, with the nice shiny 4.6 plenum on top? :huh:

From reading the MS thread I think that there are issues with MS 1 and the idle air valve on the later plenum (stepper?), but am thinking I could perhaps live without it, or keep it open and then control airflow externally via MS and another valve (the Bosch one used on Volvos, SAABs etc?)

All answers greatfully accepted.

Oh yes, and if the 4.6 plenum will fit then I shall be getting the "4.6" milled off so I don't get confused and forget I have a 3.5... :D

The 4.6 plenum has a few other plumbing oddities (I had one too, never bothered with it because of this). As you say, using the PWM air valve is the way forward for idle control but that's not the only thing to look at, I'd hold it up next to your current one and play spot the difference.

I have done the above for a customer :)

What I did was mill the back of the 4.6 flat, then frilled the hole in the unit for ait in,

took a plate and pipe (triangle shaped) off the back of a 3.9 and then fitted it via a home made gasket

and 3 x drilled and taped m8 bolots which then hold it it the correct position

The plumbing is a tad different, some need to be blocked off, and other bits connected up

using a 3.5 / 3.9 you can easily work which are which

I didn't machine off the 4.6 as matey was desperate to show it was :lol:

The bolts (allen Bolts) that hold the polenum to th trumpet are the same, but

shorter - if that makes sense, otherwise yes it fits :)

Hiope this helps - on and he is having it polished :lol: But it is a kit car :)

Nige