200tdi lack of power

evening all

just tried out my 110 after putting a 200tdi in and found a hisssing noise at the engine end by the bulkhead, i can feel gases escaping and the power is down as well, i was wondering if i've missed a breather hose or worse still the head gasket. Any ideas are welcome

I have a similar problem on mine,check the pipe between brake master cylinder and vacuum also check the servo for leaks.Also,did you refit the bolt that holds the dipstick tube to the inlet manifold when you did the swap?I didnt and the power was well down and sounded like I had a tarpaulin stuck in the front axle!...just a couple of other things you can check :)

mine & a [palsh done exacly that & they were both the head gasket that had perished in that area, proberbley get shot down for saying this but all we done was change the gasket on both without skimming the head & mine ran

fine for 18 month before I broke it for spares & sold the engine to a guy in Holland & last I heard it was running fine, My pal is still using his everey day without any issues.

John

Exhaust leak, head gasket blow at the rear of the head (quite common on the 200TDi engine), do not usually produce a hissing noise. Vaccuum leak will (brake servo circuit) Inlet manifold gasket will make a hissing noise as well.

Ans as Lesmund says - turbo/intercooler pipes.

Les

Thanks for all the replies, guys. had a quick look in the daylight and i think the head gasket is shot at the back of the head, the missus will be pleased, told her i was doing the decoratin this weekend, after spending so much time on the landy just lately