Trolley Jacks

Richy B

Hi all,

Im in the market for a new trolley jack, I have been used to a 3 tonne spec one so see no reason to change this ? My needs are for General landy maintenance, Not an every day item ( hopefully anyhow ) On a non commercial basis,

Budget up to £ 130 happily, have looked on e blag, they list sealey ones for around that figure, or i can use my Halfords trade card and get there 3 tonne jobby for just £79 But no idea if there any good ?? Thought and experiences please :)

My Sealey 3003CXQ has been brilliant, it has got the height for a Land Rover on larger tyres.

Just don't pay list price, I got mine for around £80 a couple of years ago, now a good new price seems to be around £95

or

Just £6.39 (at the time of looking for this ebay item :lol: )

I'm currently weighing this one up too.

Last week I bought a '4x4' rapid lift from Halfords in the sale. With trade card it came down to £33.

But its not quite the 3tonner I was after to replace my old trolley jacks....

Saw my local snap-on man today who gave me a flyer with this one listed... £159 + VAT

Sounds good - but at x6 the price of the halfords one...?

post-16296-0-70283400-1301940065_thumb.jpg

As above I have the 4x4 lift from halfords, which I got for under 40 quid with trade card:<br><br>http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_254057_langId_-1_categoryId_165727<br><br>Has the height for my lifted disco no problem and is dirt cheap. Mabe consider as a second unit which can be quite useful for some jobs (lifesaver trying to get tight fitting rocksliders on!) My only gripe is that due to the 'rapid lift' design you don't get a lot of mechanical advantage and have to lean on the lever a bit more than normal.<br>

Unless Halfrauds have changed in the last year or so then you can't get spare parts such as replacement seals. Personally I think it's well worth paying the extra for the likes of Sealey and knowing it will last for years to come and can be easily maintained should the need arise.

I have a Sealey 2.25t professional one that I bought nearly 10 years ago - they don't seem to do that size any more, but a similar 3t one is here

3010CX.png

They are often on offer, and come with a decent pair of axle stands too.

It is big, and heavy to move around, but it is a very nice bit of kit to use compared to what is available at Halfords.

hth

Mark