Breakers who ship International

DiscoDino

Hey there,

I'm looking to rebuild my Disco truggy into a Defender 1/2 cab truggy so that I can enjoy the somewhat smaller dimensions & lighter weight. I'm looking the complete cab with doors (preferably the split doors), nothing else (getting a GRP bonnet), preferably in good, used condition.

Google-ing hasn't provided any good results, so I'm reaching out to the community here to see if you know/trust a breaker that I can get in touch with, communicate via email/picture for the items, and package/ship to Lebanon. I know that whatever I'll get would need repainting and some metal work (change from diesel to V8, from RHD to LHD, etc...), so no issues there...but need the basics to start building!

For those interested, the plan is to keep the 4.2V8, ZF, LT230 & the Underdrive...get some rockwell axles in there with 4 links & ORI struts, along with dual M8274-50s...keeping it as simple as possible...

Thanks as always, in advance,

Nadim

We've dealt with Equicar before who were happy to deliver to a shipping agent in UK for export.

I'd start by identifying how you want to ship the parts and who with, and then go to a breakers with a question along the line of "I want XYZ and can you pack it for export and deliver it to ABC".

Martin Toole (Range Rover Recycled Parts) is a top chap, he mostly breaks RR's but does the odd Disco too, and I know he ships stuff internationally although I'm not sure what the deal would be with things like complete doors. He's on eBay or +44 7885 025872.

For those interested, the plan is to keep the 4.2V8, ZF, LT230 & the Underdrive...get some rockwell axles in there with 4 links & ORI struts, along with dual M8274-50s...keeping it as simple as possible...

I'll be requiring a build thread on that one.

What size tyres are you planning on that you'll need Rockwells? And will the 4.2 be able to turn that?

I'll be requiring a build thread on that one.

What size tyres are you planning on that you'll need Rockwells? And will the 4.2 be able to turn that?

I'm going from current 42" tires to 44s or 47s largest setting...I'm hoping that with the ~500kg drop in overall weight, and the increase from 4.88 to 6.72 in ring and pinion will keep the 4.2 happy...the V8 will be getting some tender loving care to let it get to 250hp comfortably...

Once we start the work, we'll definitely post up. Thanks.