where can i get a pressure switch???

freeagent

i'm after a simple presure switch for my on-board air just like the ones sold by Kilby enterprises... see here... http://www.kilbyenterprises.com/psw1.htm on at 120psi off at 150psi... but i cant use it if it has an NPT thread, as all my stuff is 1/4 BSP.... ive got a big pressure switch off an old compressor, but its way to big for this job...

does anyone know where i can get one like the picture but with a 1/4BSP thread on it???? <_<

cheers

m@tt. :)

i'm after a simple presure switch for my on-board air just like the ones sold by Kilby enterprises... see here... http://www.kilbyenterprises.com/psw1.htm on at 120psi off at 150psi... but i cant use it if it has an NPT thread, as all my stuff is 1/4 BSP.... ive got a big pressure switch off an old compressor, but its way to big for this job...

does anyone know where i can get one like the picture but with a 1/4BSP thread on it???? <_<

cheers

m@tt. :)

bsp to npt adaptor....??

Pete

does anyone know where i can get one like the picture but with a 1/4BSP thread on it????

Matt,

Pressure - Vacuum- Level Ltd.

Unit 9, Lexden Lodge Industrial Estate

Jarvis Brook, Crowborough,

East Sussex, TN6 2NQ U.K

Phone: +44 (0)1892 664499

Fax:- +44 (0)1892 663690

http://www.pvl.co.uk/

If you need a switch controlling the compressor (normally closed contacts up to max 11 bar, on again after pressure drops to ca 8 bar), have a look at PSM -10N with 1/4" BSP standard thread, steel body.

If you want an adaptor try your local hydraulic/pneumatic shop from the yellow pages, ask them for an NPT BSP adaptor or try think automotive - if they dont have an adaptor in stock they will make it for you and post it out

Ive only used the chunky mains types for onboard air (tend to be cheap/free, adjustable and mondo reliable)

:)

thanks guys, ive got a chunky mains type, well, the innards of one, which i'm going to use to start with, but if its duff, or doesn't do what i want i'll give one of that lot a call... Matt Savage might be an easy place to start...

am building my onboard air system into a plastic tool box so it is portable and can be used with different vehicles.... will post some piccys when i've finished... B)