Tubular rear bumper extension??

Hi all,

As a newbie, I'm looking for a little advice.

I've seen a few defenders around with a tubular rear "bumper" that bolts to the rear crossmember. They fit to the rear corners and run down and out from there.

I'm just wondering where I can buy one, as I can't find a link or anyone advertising one.

All advice will be appreciated.

Nige

Thanks for your quick reply webersdad. I didn't realise it was a step??

I have a new Puma 90, and am not impressed with the way they make the rear xmember, compared to the older models. The body slightly overhangs the xmember at each end, so I want to "hide" it.

Nige

If you prefer just the corner bumperettes I have had these on my 90 for several years now, they bolt straight on without any modifications and completely cover the corners. They were black when I originally bought them but I had them galvanised last year along with some other parts as I prefer galvanising to paintwork in certain areas.

There are cheap ones out there and decent ones, I am pleased to say these are the decent ones which have a high build quality and better design than some of the lightweight items available. As you can see they also fit with a swing away carrier and NAS lights (some don't).

LRREAR1.jpg

My god you guys are good on here!! That's exactly what I meant Western.

I notice it's for a 110, but I guess it'll fit a 90?

I'm going to Gaydon this Sunday, so hopefully I'll pick one up there at a special price???

there is a variant for 90's too. right here >>>> http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/12377/STC50269AA-REAR-STEP-DEFENDER-90.html?search=rear%20step&page=1

but as the others have mentioned there are options out in LR Web land

• 4 years later...