Urgent help needed

Gents,

Just taken my clutch slave cylinder off to replace it and the pushrod and clip have dropped out as well.

Is there any way of resecuring the pushrod to the clutch release arm or is it box out time?

Mick.

have done it on a disco once, from memory managed to get the arm with a magnetic rod & bit of welding wire for the plastic clip, very fidderly buy easier that removimg the box, will help if you have someone with thin fingers for getting them back in (I have sausage style fingers)

hope that helps

John

No need to secure it. It will stay there without that stuped clip.

Just make sure its in the correct place when refitting the slave cylinder. The cylinder has a spring in it pushing the rod towards the release arm.

Cheers Gent's, managed to get it back together.

Still got a problem though :(

New master cylinder, new slave cylinder but still no clutch, realy raining me off now.

Strange thing is with the Gunson Easi bleed connected the clutch works perfectly, soon as I disconnect it though, no bloody clutch!

Can't be air in the system, I've put over a litre of fluid through the damn thing!

Any ideas please because I've had enough.

Sounds like there may be dirt got into the master cylinder. If there is a tiny bit of muck caught between the seal that stops fluid returning to the reservoir, you'll get no clutch action when the pedal is depressed. When you have the Easi bleed connected the pressure overcomes this situation. I'd take the master cyl out and make sure it's scrupulously clean inside. Use brake fluid as your cleaning/flushing agent.

Thanks Gents,

With the flexy clamped the pedal is solid so looks like the issue is slave cylinder.

Fitted a brand new one so is it likely I have done something wrong or bought a dodgy cylinder?

I set the rod length on the master cylinder but there didn't seem anything to adjust on the slave, just slid it on to the push rod and bolted it up.

Bleed nipple is at the top.

The slave needs to be mounted with the bleed nipple at the top to allow all the air out of the cyl. Also is the slave adjusted with clearance at pedal rest?

hth

Steveb

Onlyadjustment at master cylinder/pedal assenbly pushrod, not at the slave cylinder.