charging shocks and bumps is Argoshield useable ?

moose

I know there are a few on here that run air shocks/coilovers/bumps etc..

as my obtained "K" size bottle of argoshield is about to run out and i need to setup my bumps and shocks its going to get quite expensive to get a bottle on nitrogen and argoshield. It also seems the nitrogen regulators are more expensive the welding gas ones.

So can/could argoshield be used as and alternative to Nitrogen?

I know a bit of the chemistry behind using Nitrogen by it having large molecules which means its harder to leak passed seals and it doesn't expand very much with heat.

where as Argoshield has very low levels of Nitrogen and can also have some moisture.

any one got and experiences/views on this?

Paul

nitrogen is the only suitable gas to charge hydraulic systems,in the same way nitrogen is used in aircraft tyres,it is less sensitive to pressure change with an increase in temperature,i would suggest argoshield is not suitable as it is a mixture of argon and co2,the proportion depending on which argoshield blend it is.

Thanks for the input guys,

In fact after doing some phone bashing yesterday. it turns out that nitrogen is cheaper per refill than argoshield, its just means two cylinders to rent... least i can make the nitrogen one smaller and more portable.

I was also wrong about the regulators in my application a 10 bar single stage regulator will suit and these can be had cheap enough, and if i was to use argoshield for charging I would need a new regulator anyway as the ones on my welders don't push more than 6 bar....