Muscles Required!

bishbosh

I have managed to get hold of a small milling machine and will be collecting it this weekend. I am advised by the octagenarian vendor that it does come to pieces but even then, the smallest piece will be too much for me to lift on my own (i.e. more than 10kg :P ).

So, is there anyone who lives within range of Morecombe, Lancs who would be willing to give up about 1/2 an hour to help me lift it into the back of my car? Probably around mid day (depending on traffic!)

It of course goes without saying that Jaffa Cakes will be on tap in the accustomed fashion.

Alternatively, if anyone fancies a road trip up the M5/6 then you are welcome along for the ride.

Thanks,

Bish.

I have bought one of these.

The head comes off the shaft and I am sure the cross slide will be simple enough to remove for transit, but the base is still going to be heavy enough.

Mick, I'll definitely take you up on that offer thanks. I'll PM you with details once I have them finalised with the vendor.

I have bought one of these.

Ah yes, my dad has one of those. His is a Warco too but a little older. It's a good model makers machine that can handle some surprisingly big stuff if you take it slowly.

We lifted his onto the base cabinet with my engine crane, but I guess 2 of you could manage it once broken down a little.

Once I've sorted out 3ph in his garage my Bridgeport will be taking its place :D

Well that was a marathon bit of driving! (other chocolate bars are available ;) )

Huge thanks to Mick (aka Stuck) for rocking up and getting stuck in. Couldn't have done it without your help, really really grateful although did you really have to keep on reminding me I shouldn't have sold the 90 whilst we were trying to cram the mill into the back of my Focus :lol: :lol: :lol: whilst also dropping into the conversation that you have a Bridgeport and a Colchester Student! Git! :lol::P

Anyhow, safely back home now with a lot of mill in the boot of the car. Also got a milling vice, face cutter, slitting wotsit and about 20 end mills thrown in which was a bonus.Time to sweet talk the neighbours and get it into the garage.......

Well that was a marathon bit of driving! (other chocolate bars are available ;) )

Huge thanks to Mick (aka Stuck) for rocking up and getting stuck in. Couldn't have done it without your help, really really grateful although did you really have to keep on reminding me I shouldn't have sold the 90 whilst we were trying to cram the mill into the back of my Focus :lol: :lol: :lol: whilst also dropping into the conversation that you have a Bridgeport and a Colchester Student! Git! :lol::P

Anyhow, safely back home now with a lot of mill in the boot of the car. Also got a milling vice, face cutter, slitting wotsit and about 20 end mills thrown in which was a bonus.Time to sweet talk the neighbours and get it into the garage.......

No problem Bish.

Good little mill that and in superb condition. A tribute to the old boy that sadly had to sell it.

Mick.

PS I still maintain you should not have sold the 90'