3.8 v8 ?

des90

I have been reading recently about 3.8 v8's using the 3.5 block and 4.2 crankshaft- has anybody got any details on this-ie what conrods and pistons etc

We have a brand new 3.5 block here just dying to have something done to it!!

Yes i'v seen the stroker kits-crazy prices- rover appear to have stroked the 3.5 for the australian market-think it was called the iceberg engine and was used in the P76 model. Looking at the spec of this engine it seems to be a 4.2 crank and conrods with one off pistons.

Now the 5.0lt is running brilliantly in the 90 i'm just working out a project with this 3.5 block- so looking for something a bit more exotic than just comp ratio/cam and head work

Fine as a project for the hell of it but a naff way of getting a bit more oomph in terms of bang for your buck I'd say.

Iceberg was the never-made diesel variant, the Aussie P76 was a 4.4 V8 with a longer stroke, I forget exactly what the difference was.