Tunerstudio

zim

Evening,

I've see Tunerstudio mentioned a few places on here.

So...in "normal person" language, is this an alternative to megatune (which i currently have).

I reaslise i could search google about it, but to be honest most of what they're talking about goes straight over my head :unsure:

Any maps saved by megatune, can these be opened by tunerstudio ?

Cheers

Gordon

Hiya :)

Both MLV and Tuner Studio are / were written by the same chap. My understanding was that MLV had reached a point

where further work would mean huge rewrites of the basic program to allow further upgrading, and it was in many ways

easier and quicker to restart a fresh program on a blank sheet of paper.

Its true that TS is in many ways more advanced than MLV, but I feel that MLV still has attributes that make it a more than

worthwhile program, TS is "Whizzier" and has autotune on the move abilities, but I think both will achive excellent results, in the same ways

but TS does it more "automatically" than MLV which is prob more hands on.

Tuning engines with either programs is superb, the more you know and understand around tuning can mean that TS

overrides things you want to do and fights you a bit, and a few rogue setting can automatically set themselves,

but TS is in many ways a newer MLV

For what is worth I use both :)

Yes MSQs are OK on both, not a good idea to switch about with the older softwares, 029V is not recognised by TS use

029y4 and ignore the error messages etc or upgrade to 029y4 firmware and reload MSQ

HTH

Nige

As HFH has said both are good to do different things to get the same result. I like TS as I can comparer different Msq's together but MLV will show you so much more if you want to know what's going on it side your engine.

I've used 029y4 for years and Nige always told me off....tongue.gif

• 10 months later...

I'm running a registered version because I 'bought' MLV and TS at the same time to get rid of the irritating blocking features on an unregistered MLV version and because it felt just a bit rude to use something regularly and not pay since it was a modest cost