A rim reversing question

OK, this is not for road use or any speed at all, this is on my electric tractor.

th_RoadTest03060810.jpg

I broke the transaxle on my tractor last year, pulling wheelies, and have now got a stronger replacement and have upgraded to Land Rover hubs and wheels.

With standard 110 rims, the first set up gave a track that was too narrow.

DSC01916.jpg

Reversing the rims gives the perfect width.

DSC01919.jpg

The question is this. Is there a simple, very cheap and easy way to get the wheels to centre properly on the studs?

I was thinking of off the shelf conical washers, or half nuts, or longer studs and a set of nuts on first before the wheel?

Currently the studs are really short ones and with the wheels reversed the stud is only two thirds in the nuts.

DSC01920.jpg

Cheers.

I reckon the suggestion of cutting the wheel nuts

is the best one, it's free and won't affect the true running of the wheels like welding could. You'll probably want a lower torque on the wheel nuts after, but I'm assuming your electric tractor doesn't weigh 2 ton and go 70 + mph ... only an assumption though ;-)

I reckon the suggestion of cutting the wheel nuts

is the best one, it's free and won't affect the true running of the wheels like welding could. You'll probably want a lower torque on the wheel nuts after, but I'm assuming your electric tractor doesn't weigh 2 ton and go 70 + mph ... only an assumption though ;-)

Cutting the wheel nuts looks like the best option then. The tractor only weighs about 400kg and does 20mph.

Fit the wheel nuts the correct way, they'll centre enough for what you're doing :)

I'll try that first as it really is free.

Either way I will need to get some more wheel nuts as I only have 6 left over.

Cheers.