New Td5 engines on ebay - anyone remember them?

Hi all,

I was just wondering, or hoping, if anyone remembered this.....

A few months ago, there were some new Td5 engines listed on ebay. The price was unbelievable (something like £1500 or £1700...I can't remember the exact details), but they were from a reputable seller. However, for the life of me, I cannot remember who it was who was selling them.

I didn't need a new engine back then, but am in the midst of converting one of the old landys into a td5 and I just want a new engine, if possible. Does anyone have any recollection of who it was who was selling these units so cheaply?

Cheers!

Hi,

If someone was selling new Td5 engines for that price there must have been some thing wrong with them (broken or stolen) or the seller was mad. You only get what you pay for. Check out e bay and you'll only find used lumps with or without ancillaries. I've checked some out today and they range from £995.00 to £1,650.00.

Realistically a new Td5 lump would be £3k plus.

I'm assuming the vehicle was not a Td5 in the first place. What about a breakers dealing in Landys. Get a write off and you'll have all the bits you need, engine, box, turbo the works you never know you might even pick up some thing that's had some kind of tune done. Obviously make sure that you get the correct size intercooler blah, blah but that would be the best way to go. Failing that find a Landy breakers anyway, find a low mileage motor and do a deal.

Regards

landypc

Thanks all for the replies!

I think these engines were from Simmonites - obviously, stripped units, and they had about 10 or 12 of them, and listed them as new. I had a look on the Simmonites website, and they don't have any now. And, just in case it wasn't them, I don't feel like making myself look like an idiot and calling them (but I do think it was them as I was buying a chassis from them at the time for a friend in Spain and had thought I should just buy a unit and keep it in the garage....alas, I did not have the cash).

Oh well....in that case.....can anyone recommend someone decent but not extortionately expensive to recon my td5? My recent divorce means I really can't afford Turner prices....although, of course I would like to go with them!