Spot Lamps. (sorry!)

Does this diagram look like the best way to you. It does to me.

and the only question i have is, does taking the spot lights relay (coil) feed off the main beam feed drop the voltage to the main beam (bulbs) or is the main beam also off a relay and so this is only driving an additional coil and so no problem ?

post-19188-0-13241000-1311415117_thumb.jpg

I stil have the same question.

is this refering to "stalk side" and this thus the side feeding a relay that operates the main beam and behind the dash. I tap into that side to feed another relay to operate the spots.

The other way of looking at this is to tap into the actual feed to the main beam bulbs and steal some current off that to operate a relay to turn on the spots. I would ahve thought doing this way would drop volts to the main beam bulb and make them dimmer?

I understand the diagram just not where to take the feed. I am of course presuming the main beam uses a relay in a standard 300Tdi. So i could take it stalk side or bulb side.

mine are wired as per Lukes diagram above, I haven't noticed an degredaton in output from the normal headlights.

take the 12v feed for the relay from the battery & the switching feed from the main beam wire at the headlights

I wouldn't rely on the existing headlight relay to switch the additional lights.

The easiest place to pickup the main beam feed for spot/driving lamps, especially if you're using an isolating switch, is from the flash/dip column switch (stalk) on the UW wire (Blue with a White trace).

Or, at the fuse box, where the UW wire is split into left and right main beam circuits.

The additional load of a relay coil on this circuit will make no perceivable difference to the brightness of the main beams.

Super. Thanks guys. I know this has been covered a million times so appreciate the explanations.

:D

off to wire them up although i think it will end up running into tomorrow. Hope i have enough conduit and cable :unsure: