v8 conversion on defender battery not man enough?

Hi ,Just gone for a fire up on v8 defender conversion. I have VGC battery from range rover 12v, 70 ah , 570cca, problem is that I need to add my other car via jump leads to start engine, once started disconect my car and it runs fine. left running until all upto temps, turned off and went to start again and starter motor just clicked as if there is not enough power to turn over put jump leads back on and it started fine. do I just need another battery with a bigger CCA. there is one i can get 12v, 90 ah, 800 cca genuine land rover defender.

Thanks

should have bought a diesel :P

Should stay away from the devil's fuel :ph34r: as diesels have a higher compression ratio making them require more battery power to turn over and need a lot of power for glowplugs.

Also check the condition of and clean both battery terminals, as your jump pack will bypass this connection point.

My brother's diesel had a similar problem of only starting with jump pack and that was a dodgy battery terminal connection.

Hi ,Just gone for a fire up on v8 defender conversion. I have VGC battery from range rover 12v, 70 ah , 570cca, problem is that I need to add my other car via jump leads to start engine, once started disconect my car and it runs fine. left running until all upto temps, turned off and went to start again and starter motor just clicked as if there is not enough power to turn over put jump leads back on and it started fine. do I just need another battery with a bigger CCA. there is one i can get 12v, 90 ah, 800 cca genuine land rover defender.

Thanks

LR mormaly fit a 9 plate 072 [specifications 12V,72AH 600CCA]

or a

14 plate 663 heavy duty [12V,110AH 750CCA]

to Tdi engined Defenders.

Any battery should be able to start the V8, they aren't particularly picky or hard to turn over.... what I am going to ask is how you are connecting the jump pack/other car to it? If positive to the battery, and negative to the engine/chassis then you could well have a duff earth strap -in fact you could still have a duff earth strap causing the problem.

Put your battery on charge over night and see if it starts it then, if not, start hunting for bad/loose wiring.

my series 200TDI starts well first time every time, with a battery meant for a 1.1 petrol engined car. the battery shouldnt be the problem. although my battery cant supply the power for my beacons for a couple of hours, then start her up. last time i needed to use them i had to then push my landy along a dodgy bit of road, and bump it off, luckily its a great starter.

i cant find another battery to fit under my seatbox as it cant be very tall.

it will be connections somewhere.

Hi guys, done all of the above, changed and cleaned all earth straps, cleaned up batt terminals even added another earth strap from starter mount bolt to chassis. Still the same problem, won't start unless on jump leads to my running golf.

Anymore ideas

try your golf battery in the defender and if it works it will be the battery. have you tried charging it?

will try golf battery in defender today, other battery was charged and was connected with 13.32 volts in it.

Have managed to borrow a snap on voltage droper checker from local garage which looks at the whole electrical system so will post results

Cheers