Circular saw blades fro metal

Night Train

As mentioned in Fridge Freezer's roll cage thread someone mentioned changing their Rage circular saw blade for a conventional metal cutting blade for longer life and better cutting I think?

I have a Fury 210mm saw and the blade has suddenly stopped cutting.

Any recommendations for a better replacement blade and where to get one from please? I've seen them at 355mm but I would struggle to fold it into my saw! :P

Cheers. :)

As mentioned in Fridge Freezer's roll cage thread someone mentioned changing their Rage circular saw blade for a conventional metal cutting blade for longer life and better cutting I think?

I have a Fury 210mm saw and the blade has suddenly stopped cutting.

Any recommendations for a better replacement blade and where to get one from please? I've seen them at 355mm but I would struggle to fold it into my saw! :P

Cheers. :)

T'was me, have a look here.

Regarding where from, my local welding/BOC place had a few saws in stock and was able to order a blade for me, I think Machine mart list a few blade as well.

The blade I used was not the correct blade for the my saw but hole diameter was right and RPM was there or there abouts.

Thanks. :)

They don't do a professional blade that would fit my saw, only the Fury one at 20 teeth and the life expectancy of a fruit fly and the Rage blade with 24 teeth. The site claims each blade is only suitable for their respective saws though they are the same apart from colour and tooth count.

The professional blades are only 205mm but the bore is too small at 16mm or too big at 230mm at the right 25.4mm bore. :(

I may have to buy a better saw for the sake of a blade with life span. :rolleyes:

Cheers, yes I thought of that but don't have the means to bore a suitably accurate hole and don't want to pay extra for someone to do it for me.

Might have to though.

Buy a step drill:

20327-step-drill-bits-hss-1.jpg

Which will drill a very accurate hole in sheet - even in a saw blade.

Si