TD5 speedo needed

Sorry to double post ( i posted in wanted already) but its quite urgent, and i need the advice of the MOT experts too.

I fitted a KMH TD5 electronic speedo to my 110 when i took it abroad for a long period.

Now that its back in the UK, i have an MOT on friday, and forgot about the speedo.

Now i dont really want to put the mechanical one back in. SO i either need a MPH TD5 speedo if someone has got one, or

MOT testers - can i open the speedo and do a DIY gauge modification?

Would it matter that the Odometer is still in KMH?

hoss

You can MOT with a KPH speedo, one with MPH marked but Kms on the odometer (like my Eunos Roadster, a Japanese MX5), any combination of units you like, 5 different speedos or no speedo at all. It is not a testable item - I guess they would have to write NA in the mileage field if there was no speedo fitted.

If you really want to you can open the speedo up and change the face to MPH, as I have done on my Eunos/Mazda, but the speedo is not designed to come apart easily. A lot of people stick a sticker or stickers onto the speedo glass to help with MPH. Or a ready-reckoner on the dash nearby - 30mph=49KPH etc.

Hope this helps you sleep tonight.

Chris

Speedo is not a testable item, really?

If so then, no problem i will stick dymo tape on the glass ;)

I do know that its a fuzz problem though, or so i was told when one stopped me many years ago on my Jap import bike with Dymo'd speedo.

He let me off but told me it should be properly changed.

Sorry to double post ( i posted in wanted already) but its quite urgent, and i need the advice of the MOT experts too.

I fitted a KMH TD5 electronic speedo to my 110 when i took it abroad for a long period.

Now that its back in the UK, i have an MOT on friday, and forgot about the speedo.

Now i dont really want to put the mechanical one back in. SO i either need a MPH TD5 speedo if someone has got one, or

MOT testers - can i open the speedo and do a DIY gauge modification?

Would it matter that the Odometer is still in KMH?

hoss

Thought this link might help http://www.motester.co.uk/MOTQuiz.aspx it opened my eyes a bit as well.

Regards

Richard

This is about the most useful link you can get for the MOT test:

http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/doitonline/bl/mottestingmanualsandguides/mottestingmanualsandguides.htm

It's tha ACTUAL testing guide that the NT's bring up on their MOT computer system, so..... pretty accurate, and should always be up to date.

Section 6.7 in the manual is titled:

Speedometer

This inspection applies to Class 5

vehicles first used on or after 01

October 1937.

A Tachograph is an acceptable

alternative to a speedometer

providing it satisfies the requirements

of this inspection.

As your truck will be a class 4 (or 7 from 2012) the speedo is not tested.