Bad knocking down below

Had a knock from my 110 CSW for sometime now when coming off and taking up drive. Can't find anything loose, initially I thought it was the usual easy fix suspects and finding wear in the axle drive members and rear prop these have been replaced. The knocking is still there and seems to be getting worse. Recently on a few occasions it's been REALLY bad, knocking repeatedly usually when coasting upto junctions or shifting into low gear - doesn't happen all the time though. My transfer box leaks (suspected intermediate shaft from reading the forums, and also from the rear output shaft seal. Can't feel play in the bearing but I've changed this seal 3 times, latest last weekend (and now the drive flange) yet still it leaks after a few days motoring.

I'm keen to get this sorted as the Landy is taking me and the wife to the Isle of Wight in a months time. My transfer box is the prime suspect, with 150,000 miles on it should I be thinking recon unit or is that a drastic solution? - could do without the expense. Am I even looking in the right place for the source of the problem?

Any advice gratefully received gents.