Defender TD5 Crash System

So just been away and noticed for the 3rd time in the life of this defender that when I hit a bump hard (real Chassis banger) that the Hazards come on and stay on until you turn the Landy on and off, (I noticed it before but thought it was due to water or similar in the alarm but this time it was bone dry) so does the TD5 have a crash system where the Hazards are activated after an accident?

So should the fuel have cut off also?

I would have said yes....if the engine is running give the switch a swift tap with a screwdriver handle or rachet and it should cut the engine and put the hazzrds on....ask me how i know that :blink:

Ask me how i know that :blink:

Go on then!

Bear in mind we had a forklift technician out for 2 1/2 hours this week for a funny fault code and a dead forklift.phone calls to the manufacturer as the code was not listed..........

It turned out someone had leaned on the e-stop.

Go on then!

Bear in mind we had a forklift technician out for 2 1/2 hours this week for a funny fault code and a dead forklift.phone calls to the manufacturer as the code was not listed..........

It turned out someone had leaned on the e-stop.

LOL.......I was doing a job on the turbo/exhaust manifold and caught the switch with the end of the ratchet handle....finished my job and went to start it....NOTHING.....lots of head scratching later after testing fuel pump etc my mate says have you pressed the cut off switch :huh:

the bit that makes the hazards come on after a hard bump is in the 10as unit not the crash switch, had a slight off last night in my challenge buggy & the hazards wouldnt stop flashing no matter what i did, i have no flasher relays & no crash switch, traced it back to the 10As & as my ecu has the immob removed ive since junked the 10as & no hazards flashing now,

to give an idea of the impact i landed in a drainage ditch @ 40mph to a dead stop nose first,