Forum South West Challenge 3 (FSWC3)

JST

No Tim punch 13 was the one just up from there , I remember it well :D , So that will make the bog Punch 11 as there was a punch after the bog to the right on a fallen tree.

Yep,, correct, 13 was the one with the optional under side inspection !!! so the bog was 11,,

off to look at csw's site

post-892-1160774433_thumb.jpg is this not someone called LOG ? trying to hide after getting stuck :lol::D:lol:

We spent ages getting to that punch and bust a half shaft and rear winch cable so we gave up without completing it.

I new I should have took some spares, famous last words eh!

Get some Ashcroft ones and save carrying the spares.

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/part_22.html

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/part_20.html

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/category_17.html

worth every penny no more retirements/time spent repairing and you get to use all that power available.

Oooo, you have got CV's too! I only have shafts. Best investment I ever made. after breaking 9 halfshafts in a couple of months I decided it was time. Rears wern't so bad but fronts really bugged me when I had to change them in the middle of knowhere. I actually broke a CV within 30mins of unloading and having a play in the wood on the sunday after the challenge! Glad that didn't happen in that last punch! They have one more chance with std CV's then im on the phone to ashcroft!

don't bother fitting standard ones they are rubbish in comparison.

I had a set of the pre production ones to fit with my Maxi drive shafts as I already had those.

the CV's are superb! on some of the climbs at the event I had both lockers engaged and did a few climbs low 2nd full revs and dump the clutch. with the 90 on its nose lockers engaged steering lock to lock not a moments worry about shafts/CVs.

they may appear pricey compared to standard ones but they aren't

once you ruin an event repairing broken ones and the Downtime.

I haven't touched mine since fitting them.

and have done a fair few events on them now.

standard AEU2522:

IMG_0013-copy.jpg

Standard and Ashcroft side by side:

IMG_1390.JPG

Ashcroft Bell:

IMG_1388.JPG

yep that bog hole was punch 11.

just trying to think through dates for the next challenge but i dont want to go firm until i know when the HBRO event will be as i intend to do that one, unless its even more ££ than it was last year but was thinking Feb/March time or would you guys prefer something Jan time? i have three site options as well based around Wellington/Tiverton.

cant do one prior to Christmas.

what do you guys reckon?

Which punch is that that your on Treebloke?

Not sure what the number was, we didnt get our hands on it but it was a sea of mud with a little bit of a stream running through it for good luck.

Yes, Ashcrofts are definately gonna be parting with some cv's and half shafts. Already swopped the steel for plasma on the rear winch. Extra snatch block and we are gonna murder that punch next time, might even do it twice just for fun.