Forum South West Challenge 3 (FSWC3)

JST

:angry: B****rd Land Rover :angry:

Taken the week off work to fix the 90 up - repainted, cage back on, bulkhead repaired, snorkle on, all dash electrics rewired, 8274 sorted - then driving home from the workshop this evening and the coolant guage packs in.

Very, very p***ed off with it right now - am about to jump the wiring out to see if it changes anything. New temperature sender fitted and guage stripped and connections checked but to no avail.

Unless I post here again this evening then I'm not going to come I'm afraid, so cancel my fish and chips.

Anyone got some diesel and a lighter? I feel an insurance claim coming on.......

:angry: B****rd Land Rover :angry:

Very, very p***ed off with it right now - am about to jump the wiring out to see if it changes anything. New temperature sender fitted and guage stripped and connections checked but to no avail.

Si, I think I have a spare standard type guage in the workshop ......... If so then i could bring it with me tomorrow ........ It only a 2 minute job to fit.

Any good ?

Edited to add ……… yes, this is a free service :D , I have a standard gauge and will chuck it in the spares box anyway …………. It will be good to rid me of some more old tat ………

Ian

Well, its wet there!

its not that bad really, but the leaf mulch makes for a moving surface on one of the sites, i only nearly rolled once and only had to revcover the other setter upers vehicle once but he did have a trailer on and slick MTs!

my advice would be check water depth before plunging in and have a look at pics of Petes wagon last time in the summer level water hole.

Si, I think I have a spare standard type guage in the workshop ......... If so then i could bring it with me tomorrow ........ It only a 2 minute job to fit.

Ian,

Gleaming, I'll buy your lunch in exchange! I've fished about inside the guage and found a thinner-than-a-hair wire that was disconnected - it's working to a fashion but I need to put the other sender back in.

James - see you at 0800 for a brew!

Tony - if you read this in time then chuck the 8274 in, if not then Sodbury's fine.

Game on!

Me too! :( . But they only got 3 punches before having to retire! :blink:

On a different note, look how tall Matt is - his head isn't even over the door!!!!! :hysterical::hysterical:

Hopefully Ian made it home with only nearside brakes on the front..... :o

Had a cracking day , It was my drivers first event as a driver and after an early roll He seemed to adopt the DGAF attitude and happily went on .

A huge thanks to james for putting on another class event ,and a massive thanks to the geezzer who supplied us a new winch rope when ours snapped in the bog in the quarry , Not sure who but no doubt he will make himself known .

A few dents and dings , broken brake pipe , winch cable and both mirrors .

Whens the next one ??

Forgot to add,, Thanks Matt & Paul, for the long pull out !!! would still be there, if it were not for you two,, :huh:

naah we'd have been in the pub waiting for a tractor to turn up.

you've got no-one else to blame you know. I told you we should have gone down the track that was already there! :P:D

seriously though- my thanks for Paul and Matt- i was going to wonder just how we were going to get out- I think Tim and I would have "eventually" got ouselves out but i think it would have taken at least 20 pulls and we would have been there a very veyr long time. I was up for it (of course) but Tim chickened out (honest).

This one brings back memories of the last time I was in that field

gallery_121_189_66455.jpg

Yes , we got an early bath today :angry: …………. 3 punches in the first hour or so and then the O/S Goodrich hose sprung a leak and left me with no brakes after being stuck in the bog, so an early retirement was in order.

However, the day for me was good………… the winch performed faultlessly and is plenty fast B) ……….. although I need to step up a size or two with the Plasma. The tyres were also fine ……… no better or no worse than anybody else.

Thanks to Richard (Top90) for pulling me out the bog ;) (it saved me splicing the rope whilst thigh deep in mud)….. top bloke………. and thanks to Matt for the helping hand in sealing off the brakes.

This was a well organised event and well done to James for putting on a good show……. Put me down for the next one James.

Ian

I had a fab day - being winch monkey for Rocker, who was driving my truck! Being monkey put a completly different perspective on the event (mainly how unfit I am!). I'd like to monkey again. Promise I'll practice running in the mean time though.

Graham executed one of the best bits of driving I've seen today. On one of the steep decents on Site A using the rear winch to lower himself toward a narrow gap between two trees, the cable unattached itself.

People had clearly been through the trees before judging by the removed bark, but graham, traveling at many mph got through them without touching either! He stopped by impacting a rotten (soft) fallen tree!

Si White has it on video - which i'm looking forward to seeing on a bigger than postage stamp size screen. (Put it on Google Video Si - dead easy and no worries about size).

Thanks to everyone who helped & encouraged us and in particular the Marshals who were good humoured - in fact they were just brilliant.

I'll go to bed Mr Smiley tonight!

Si