Heavy Duty Clutch Fork

Am after a new clutch fork...Ideally would like a HD one to reduce the likelihood of failure.

The only ones I have seen advertised are made by Britpart...anyone used one of these/are they any good?

Cheers

Paul

I've got one in mine, they are like a normal/original one but with a flat thicker bit of metal welded across the back so if the ball does punch through it won't go anywhere, it is actually against the back of the dimple so it shouldn't punch through at all if you see what I mean.

Anyway mine has only been in for about 1500 miles so I doubt anything would have gone wrong with a chocolate one by that stage anyway, but the HD one looked to be made as well as the non HD one that came out, the only difference being the reinforcing across the back. I'd buy one again... err well I hope I won't have to actually and looking at the part I think it will last longer than the one that came out of it did. :) If you really can't stomach buying Br!tpart buy a standard one and just weld a piece of metal across the back, it really is the only difference.

Anyway I hope my incomprehensible ramblings make some sense :)

Can't help but wonder if this clutch fork thing has gone away now?

I remember there being issues years ago, but having said that our '98 Defender and Disco (130K and 149K miles) are both on their original clutches and clutch forks as was our old '96 Disco @105K and our other current '98 50th Aniversary Disco @ 95K.

Perhaps LR use better quality steel now? perhaps it was it a bad batch?

Based on the above and the fact that a heavy duty arm is similar to a standard one with only a steel strap over the dimple, I will be buying genuine OE for the next (first) time I change the clutch assy later this year.

H.

I've had both standard fork(Britpart,it lasted almost 800 miles before separating the dimple)and a Heavy Duty fork(also Britpart,been in two gearboxes now no problem).I would expect that OE is the way to go,but the blue boxed H/D is a worthy second.