noise when the engine is pulling

paulsfj

As an new landy owner i'm not sure how loud they usually are but my N Reg 300TDI AUTO makes quite a lot of noise when the engine is pulling, the same through the gears/rev range. In neutral and even when freewheeling in gear it isn't much different to a regular car.

I know you are sitting on the gearbox in a landy and the gear stick skirt isn't much of a noise absorber but should a landy be noisy when the engine/gearbox is doing work?

Just when pulling? Lol mine is noisy all the time, I've had my P reg 300tdi ES Disco for about a year now and when you jump in to the full electric leather, fake wood cabin it seems like a nice place to be then you flick the key. Close your eyes and it wouldn't be hard to imagine your behind the wheel of, oh I dont know? Maybe an old J or K plated Transit van, it's at it's worst when started from cold lasting about 3-5 mins then the noise lessens but I could never describe it as being at all/in any way quiet. That said I've enjoyed many miles and pointed it at some very rough terrain (it's all set up for green laning 2" lift, big tyres, snorkel etc.) and it's never let me down. But if your looking for refinement then a diesel Land Rover ain't gonna do it for you unless you got enough cash to buy something quite new.