Truck cab to hard top

Dan88

I need advice again, I'm converting my truck cab to a hard top van style. I need some bolt the fit the sides to the tub, the original land rover ones have a number of washers also included.

Can I just use a standard long bolt and some big washers or does it have to be the same style bolt?

And does anyone know who can supply these?

Thanks

just had a look on Britcar and they're £14 each :rofl:

Ringa around some breakers and ask if you can buy the fixings when they're dismantling a truck.they probably throw them away anyway so it would be worth them sekking them to you.

got to be cheaper than new. :rofl:

I did this once as I converted my truck cab to hardtop over Christmas and managed to order everything bar the special round fixings. So it's possible and works, but only issue is that after a while, especially from off roading where you knock the sides and flex the tub, the sides will move. You can undo the bolts, realign and tighten, but it becomes a pain to keep on doing this.

So it's better to buy the proper LR fixings everything else is standard M6 & M8 nuts, bolts and washers.

Steve