Just upgraded my intercooler

It does go to show the margin on these intercoolers from Twisted and the like, theres are double pass though which is not as good but allows you to refit the regular gubbins to mate up.

Is double pass through not as good due to decreased flow and more lag? I would have thought cooling would be better on double pass through..... I was toying with the idea of two smaller intercoolers linked so as to brink connections back to the normal position

Be prepared to double up on the hose clips where fitted to plain tube. I have three on in places.

mg007.jpg

whereas proper pipes are flared at the end,a top tip is to just slightly hammer out the lip of the pipe to stop the pipe slipping off.if you don't do this the pipe can and does work its way down as it has nothing to grip/stop against.

How are you fitting your fan and shroud?

It does go to show the margin on these intercoolers from Twisted and the like, theres are double pass though which is not as good but allows you to refit the regular gubbins to mate up.

i'll be fitting 1 maybe 2 electric fans via a switch on the dash.these 200's don't really get hot,plus it's coming up to winter so i doubt it'll be getting anywhere near hot.

Is double pass through not as good due to decreased flow and more lag? I would have thought cooling would be better on double pass through..... I was toying with the idea of two smaller intercoolers linked so as to brink connections back to the normal position

Double pass is simply where the air does a U turn and travels back though the return section. Allows for both inlet and exit to be on the same side of the intercooler.

• 2 weeks later...

having just completed the mods on the truck i thought i'd report back.

after concerns from other people ref the "lag" after fitting this intercooler on mine there doesn't seem to be any difference that i can tell.it's only been on a short run so unable to give any fuel data.off up to filey soon so that will show any fuel gains or losses.the engine doesn't seem to be working as hard.

also drilled out the outlet on the steering pump as steering was heavy,even tho i'm running 35's.pretty effortless now.

converted my salisbury to discs which has made a hell of a difference on braking.also converted the fronts to run vented.cross drilled/slotted discs f/r with EBC ultimax pads.

managed to fit in an electric fan as well.

had to modify and re-mount the air filter on the aircon mounts after it fouled the pipework for the cooler.

post-16787-0-50807900-1317458279_thumb.jpg

post-16787-0-01707700-1317458319_thumb.jpg

post-16787-0-80393900-1317458341_thumb.jpg

post-16787-0-74954100-1317458363_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...