Can anyone with a 4.0V8 (Non Thor) engine please help !

Hybrid_From_Hell

Looking at the rad cowling, there is a detachable bit that goes and follows the shape of the alternator.

I need to have a picture showing how far up / down the alternator the top of the curve of the cowling is level with ?

Maybe a pencil lying between the 2 showing the level to the alternator and a piccie ?

Any help would be fabbydoos :D

Nige

Serp 3.9 yes?

The top removable part is a close fit, bulging out around the pulley. I would say the clearance between the cowl and pulley is only a pencil thickness or so. The rearmost edge is about level with the alternator and of the pulley.

Afraid I can't do you any pics as the cowl is not currently fitted to the engine, the above is from memory.

Hope this helps

:(

Nope

You've kindly posted up a 4.6 Serp Cowling fan combo....which I was using but now am not

as I don't have a 4.6 rad, and the rad I do have now is better suited to the .9/4.0 engine rather than the sqaurer 4.6 assembly

I am having to use a 3.9 cowling and 3.9 Viscous on a 4.0 serp frot end

Whilst the 3.9 / 4.0 is basically the same engine same cc etc, the front end is not (Oh HOW I know it F Not :( )

So I need some pics of both a 3.9 and 4.0 engines to see where the cowling lines up.

Any pics from anyone would be goo.

Gap from back of top of cowling to alternator and position in terms of height as to where the top of the cowling

lines up on how high up the alternator (if that makes sense)

Hey ho

Nige :mellow: