Led reverse light

A little while back I posted here asking about fitting led reverse lights (legality worm can opened) as I said the standard early 90 rectangular reverse light was rubbish.

Well I fitted a pair of "E marked" reverse lights up high and the difference is amazing see the images.

At the time I was toying with some extra light for the rear as I brought the 90 for collecting logs and stuff for our on-going projects and it would help when loading and especially while picking up logs from the farm on the way home from work as its pitch black in the wood.

So I fitted a pair of independently switched 18 watt led work lamps have a look at the images they are fantastic and don’t drain the battery if you leave them on for ages while loading…. But your retinas do melt though after a while :wacko:

post-13733-0-06842500-1317501739_thumb.jpg

post-13733-0-18206500-1317501773_thumb.jpg

post-13733-0-00920400-1317501796_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I will get some tomorrow evening as the neighbours across the street keep coming out to see whats happening and I think they are getting a bit fed up with the extreme illumination of their house/garden/drive.my poor neirbour told me he could read the paper in his house by my trucks work lights.. :ph34r:.

I bought my reverse lights second hand but un-fitted and so unused pair for £15 from ebay,but I have found a link to some similar lights see below.

http://www.cbsonline...verse_Lamp_RL70

The work lghts are a bit costly when compaired with standard work lights but the factor I liked is they are waterproof, shake proof, cool running, 100,000 hours life and dont drain the batteries if you leave them on for hours at a time and I dont think you need a relay (I didint use one) as the draw is so low.

See the link below for details

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item484220bd13

Cheers

James

Images of spread of beam posted tomorrow evening if I dont get an asbo!

You can just replace the existing reversing light with an LED one (Le Perei NAS type) and you will see a massive improvement over existing.

Fitting fog & reverse as matched pairs is also an excellent conversion and one I did to my 90 as soon as I bought it 12-years ago, upgrading to LED lights (not LED bulbs) a few years ago has made them even better.