Death-Wobble defeated Blowing fuses now instead!

Wheels now in balance and death –wobble has gone :i-m_so_happy: but in true land rover style something else has started to go wrong…..

Has anyone had this problem that the fuse for the indicators and brake lights etc keeps blowing?

As a “get me back home” measure I put a 20amp fuse :o in and even that finally blew just as I got back home.

Cheers

James

Doh. 200tdi I meant to say!

if it's a yellow relay, it's the voltage sensitive switch [VSS] part of the rear screen heater system, which is meant to switch the heater off if you forget to switch it off without the engine running.

VSS lives in the front right corner of the dash behind the instrument pacjk & the 3 switch panel between door & steering column

Biggest single cause I get on most vehicles ( not just landies) is the tow

sock electrics, usually either the plug or the wiring going to it,,, hope this helps ,, to find out disconnect the rear harness and see if it still blows fuses

Funny you mention that because all these problems started when we cut the tow wiring at the point I replaced the chassis and the socket was knackered so got rid as I dont need a tow bar.

I cut the wires and insulated with insulting tape perhaps thats the problem..

Cheers

Thanks for the replies, having taken some flak from the wife of late :( for spending so much time swinging spanner in the rebuild I am inclined to get a mobile auto electrician to sort it out preferably one that knows land rovers and their ways.

What do you reckon?

I thought I would post to see if anyone can suggest someone reasonable in or around Oxford/Swindon.

Cheers

James

Thanks for the replies, having taken some flak from the wife of late :( for spending so much time swinging spanner in the rebuild I am inclined to get a mobile auto electrician to sort it out preferably one that knows land rovers and their ways.

What do you reckon?

I thought I would post to see if anyone can suggest someone reasonable in or around Oxford/Swindon.

Cheers

James

Typical...Me too!! " Yu better sell that truck. It's taking too much family time" Good luck...