V8 Conversion Engine Mounts

minivin

My engine slants back a lot!

Hence the EFI water pump don't hit the rad, the 2nd and 4th are behind me and the Jake wright exhaust didn't fit!

If the mounts are lower then the engine should go straight in (but this may be tight on the bulkhead). Still recomend you fit the engine without the mounts, then bolt up the bellhousing, then fit the mounts.

Its a lot easier!!

there is some tilt built into the engine - I noticed this when I put my heads on - can't off hand remember but think it is the inlet manifold (carbs) that is sloping, so if the engine is tilted (up at the front?) the manifold is horizontal. Something like that anyways, like I said, can't recall excatly what it was .....

yup, last time I looked at a twin carb manifold I'm sure I saw that that was cantered forwards ready for the front to be lifted

My engine slants back a lot!

Hence the EFI water pump don't hit the rad, the 2nd and 4th are behind me and the Jake wright exhaust didn't fit!

If the mounts are lower then the engine should go straight in (but this may be tight on the bulkhead). Still recomend you fit the engine without the mounts, then bolt up the bellhousing, then fit the mounts.

Its a lot easier!!

you had better show me on Sunday if the kit arrives in time ;)

Well I can confidently say that that engine mount looks nothing like the engine mounts I've got!

Get hold of Andy Kiff at Boscombe cause I know he made his own V8 mounts, and I think he has a drawing of them. IIRC they're very similar to my ones.

My engine sits level and I didnt have to mod the trans tunnel to fit the V8. However I did have to mod it to fit the LT77.

Jon

Well I can confidently say that that engine mount looks nothing like the engine mounts I've got!

Get hold of Andy Kiff at Boscombe cause I know he made his own V8 mounts, and I think he has a drawing of them. IIRC they're very similar to my ones.

My engine sits level and I didnt have to mod the trans tunnel to fit the V8. However I did have to mod it to fit the LT77.

Jon

I know Andy as he's in the same building as me and was quizzing my boss for knowledge on V8's :) he was one of the people I was mentioning who had to scolop the chassis to clear the exhaust header on the passenger side!

Transmission tunnel ready for piercing:

DSCF2387.jpg

Erm

Then you need to learn pronto, or find a mate (Tonks hiding now :lol: ) who can as you will never make a engine conversion without having to weld up / make bits

101% absolute Guarnateed :rolleyes: and there will be loads more probs yet that require a weld or 10

Stick with original engine and a rebuild ???

Nige

Erm

Then you need to learn pronto, or find a mate (Tonks hiding now :lol: ) who can as you will never make a engine conversion without having to weld up / make bits

101% absolute Guarnateed :rolleyes: and there will be loads more probs yet that require a weld or 10

Stick with original engine and a rebuild ???

Nige

nah, if I need any alloy or steel welding I got a few friends within ten miles any direction who can do it for me, ranging from a hobby welder, an ex off road racing sidecar outfit manufacturer, professional aero alloy welder and a few others ;) another twenty miles and I can get brazing and silver soldering done :D

rob,

i think u've gone a bit mad with the heater hose :huh:

lookin good, glad its in, just need to fire it up

he he, thought I'd run it around the cab once to try and heat it up a bit more ;) gonna cut it to length tonight rather than have guesstimated it and found I was too short or wasted some.

nearside inlet elbox is clashing with the heater matrix at present, makes sence why people fit twin K&N's onto the carb trumpets now, shall figure a fix.

hmmm.... so much to do, where to start..... :)

new piccie in daylight:

DSCF2410.jpg