TD5 wont crank, no oil pressure light and no relay click

Hi all,

Just done a clutch change on a td5, put it all back together, and now, got nothing on the key (starter position), the charge light glows a bit,(but not like normal) and the oil pressure light isnt on. I can short across the starter motor to get it to turn over, but nothing else(as in, it wont run). i dont get a click from the starter motor relay either.

Anybody got any ideas as to what ive done wrong? :D

Thanks very much in advance :)

Does sound like the main relay under the seat but you say you've checked it.

Has to be related to the clutch change, go back methodically over all the wires and loom to check you haven't forgotten or trapped something. Did you put the earth cable back on the tbox? Do a thorough check and report back, hopefully it will be running and you'll have found something embarrassingly simple you missed ;)

No... Didn't check that one under the seat, only the one in the middle... Thought that was it? Not sure about the oil light fault. And yea. That's on. Also put a large lead straight from the starter casing to the earth of the battery to see if that cured if. But still nowt!

Earths drfinately on. Checked the loom. Can't see any damage. Even put a jumplead from the negative terminal on the battery to the starter to eliminate that. I thought it might be the 10as. Read somewhere there was a way of shorting it out? To bypass it?

Progress update...

Ive chased the wiring through, and tested lots and realised that the starter relay isn't earthing out. I've heard that the 10as unit has something to do with the earthing of the relay? Still no oil light, and a dim charge light. However I reckon there not related. Any ideas people? :)

Thanks in advance :)