Webasto woe's 2 - NEED EXPERT HELP!!!

Maverik

The fuel pump on my eberspacher fills the lines pretty quickly, so i woulnt have thought it would take long to run the fuel up even if it did drain back over a couple of days. I dont know if airlocks are a problem, but i think the angle the pump is set at might be important in that respect.

Nice pictures digger.

I've just completed the 2 day standing still test and burner and vehicle started just fine so lag, suggesting fuel leak back. I'll keep an eye on it but I think it may be ready for full operational use! hurrah!

Mav

Mav, A mate of mine has one of these, he has a coupling just before the fuel tank in the filler pipe, as mentioned above. if it's in the normal fuel circuit how do you get it to work in pre-heat mode? I was looking at this the other day as I think I have just found a Thermotop so will be going down this route very soon.

Jason.

Hey Jason, the burner just works indipendatly from everything else in the engine bay, its just need a 12v supply for a small water pump, fan and fuel pump and a constant diesel supply. I've got mine wired to a telestart system, so I turn it on and off from a key fob, there is also an option to put in a thermostate type control timer too in parallel with the telestart. Like you may follow i was under the impression that the engine could suck fuel out the burner fuel circuit, but that appears to be false.

After running it last night I might have to put a silancer on the exhaust, might give a few people a shock if I start starting that up in car parks etc... it is quite loud.