My Stupid Question Thread

C18RCH

I've got quite a few seemingly obvious questions but since my landy is in Sheffield and I am not I can't just go out and look :rolleyes: . So I was wondering if any of you gents (or ladies if there arew any on here?) might be able to answer them. Here goes..............

Whats the distance between the back of the radiator and the front of the viscous fan on a 200tdi? I am building an electric fan mount using the old fan cowling and need to know the clearance before I glue/bolt it together.

What's the height of the rear wheel arches from the load bay floor? I need to know for an idead I have for fitting some boot seats.

Does anyone have a pic of what the engine bay end of the fuel tank to engine bay fuel pipe connectors look like?

Thats it for now but I'm sure there will be more until I get it back home.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Does anyone have a pic of what the engine bay end of the fuel tank to engine bay fuel pipe connectors look like?

the photo's show lift pump & filter connections

distance between the back of the radiator and the front of the viscous fan on a 200tdi?

approx 240mm

What's the height of the rear wheel arches from the load bay floor?

approx 225mm

hth :i-m_so_happy:

post-20-0-80573800-1321482076_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-68435000-1321482096_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I've been following that thread.

My plan though is to use the viscous fan cowl and incorporate the electric fan into it but singe the electric fan I have (off an M3 BMW) has quite a chunky cowl itself I want to make sure there is enough clearance. I'm aware of the debate surrounding distance from rad to fan but since the existing cowl has been designed fro that radiator set up I figure using it for the elctric fan should be the most efficient set up. I may be wrong but we shall see.